What are the steps to create a Facebook Ads campaign?
- Develop your strategy first
Before you start creating campaigns, think about what strategy you will use. What is the goal you need to achieve?
In order to know how things will evolve further, we recommend that you keep in mind the answers to the following questions:
- What product or services am I specifically promoting?
- Who am I targeting?
- Will they be a cold audience or a warm audience?
- How will they use the product?
- What is their pain point, and what objections will they have?
- Which stage of the funnel are they in exactly?
- What is the goal of the campaign?
- Do I want leads, brand awareness, site traffic, sales, or something else?
- Choose your objective
Choose your goals carefully because it will depend on how your campaigns run.
You can choose from the following objectives:
- Brand awareness
- App installs
- Video views
- Lead generation
- Catalog Sales
- Store Visits
- Target your audience
You can use:
- Custom audiences, which target specific users from your email list, or users who have taken certain actions on your site, your Facebook, or your Instagram’s business profile.
- Lookalike audiences, which replicate qualities from your custom audience
- Demographic targeting
- Location targeting
- Interest / behavior targeting
- Connection targeting, which determines if you want your ads to be shown to users who are or are not connected with your brand
- Ad Placement
Depending on the allocated budget or the objective of the campaign, choose only the placements that interest you.
You can run the campaign on all placements, but test to find out what works best.
- Set your budget
Determine how you want to spend your budget. You can set a daily or campaign budget, but to make sure your ads run every day, use a daily budget setting.
Also choose the bidding method.
- Ad Format
There are several incredible ad formats on Facebook. You can choose from:
- Single image ads
- Video ads
- Carousel ads, which allow you to show several videos and / or pictures
- Canvas ads
- Collections, which open up to be a full-screen mobile experience.
Each ad type as it’s own unique benefits, but video ads and carousel ads (with or without video) typically have some of the highest engagement and CTR rates.
If you are in a hurry, it is very likely that you will omit certain things. Set the correct call to action and ad urls and descriptions.
CTA will help you get conversions.
- Monitor your ads carefully
Remember that you need to monitor carefully whether or not your ads generate results.