Inbound marketing versus Outbound marketing

Inbound marketing versus Outbound marketing

Marketing people and managers want to know who wins: “Inbound vs Outbound Marketing”. The winner of this struggle determines the direction and what businessmen choose to invest.

Things are shared and each person has a certain camp, but time has shown that marketing is beginning to be dominated by inbound techniques, but let us explain how this battle was won.

What is oubound marketing?

Outbound marketing is a synonym for traditional promotion methods, and here we can include radio, television, printed advertising, telemarketing, direct mail, and other outdoor advertising.
Through outbound marketing, advertisers are turning to media channels to promote messages, products and services, hoping that target group people will see and hear the message they are sending, being determined to respond to advertisers’ expectations.

This type of campaign has been effective in the past, but it has now become increasingly inefficient. By running these campaigns in the media, the amounts invested are enormous, and the biggest problem is that the message reaches many people who are not in the target audience.
For example: I am convinced that you have never seen a highly watched TV channel on the latest Bugatti, and the reason is simple: it is too expensive for over 95% of viewers and the chances that the 5% who can see the ad are because they are busy business people who do not spend hours in front of the TV.

Traditional marketing disables potential customers from your business. Advertisements, telemarketing, door to door vendors, radio ads, and more are promotional methods that stop people from doing business.

 

What is Inbound Marketing?

Inbound marketing is the strategy that is focused on attracting public attention without causing it to interrupt its activity.
These promotion strategies attract visitors, increase brand exposure, help increase brand authority and create quality content.
The differences between inbound and outbound marketing are extremely high. New promotion strategies are more complex and indirect compared to traditional ones, but they are more effective.

Stages of an inbound marketing campaign:

Inbound marketing Outbound marketing
Permissive Interruptive
Pull tactics Push tactics
Two-way communication One-way communication
Marketers provide value Marketers provide little to no value
Customers come to you Customers are sought after
Channels: Search engine, referrals, social medias… Channels: Print ads, TV ads, radio, telemarketing …

The two methods of promotion are extremely different, both in terms of channels used and approaches.
What are the differences between Inbound and Outbound marketing?

Live A Reply

START A FREE TRIALand STOP losing money with Google Ads or Facebook Ads...

We will contact you for more details.